Deadline: January 17, 2015
Dates: August 13-16, 2015
We invite submissions for NASSR 2015 in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The theme of the conference is Romanticism and Rights, broadly construed to include:
- Human Rights (racial, indigenous, economic; right to freedom and autonomy [slavery])
- Animal Rights; Natural Rights, Nature’s rights (the environment)
- Sexual Rights (alternative genders, women’s rights, procreative rights)
- Author or Authorial Rights (intellectual property, copyright)
- State/Sovereign Rights
- Children’s Rights
- Right to be heard; Freedom of Speech
- The Right to Philosophy / Thinking
- Right to Religion
- Rights and Wrongs
- The Right to Die
- What is left of Rights?
Proposals for papers on these and related topics (as well as those that consider these rubrics as terms under consideration or as focuses of critique) are particularly welcome, but we also look forward to considering general session and paper proposals that represent the best current work on any aspect of Romantic-era literature and culture.
For Special Sessions CFPs, see here.
Deadline for all other submissions (paper proposals, complete panels, submissions to open-call special sessions): January 17, 2015.
Please send all proposals, including those to be considered by the leaders of special sessions, a brief CV, and direct questions to the NASSR 2015 conference organizers, Peter Melville (The University of Winnipeg) and Michelle Faubert (University of Manitoba) at email@example.com.
All proposals must include your name, academic affiliation (if any), and preferred email address. If you are applying to an open-call special session, you must also include the name of the session either on your proposal itself or in the accompanying email.