Deadline: July 31, 2014
2014 Tennyson Essay Prize
The Tennyson Society Publications Board announces: TENNYSON ESSAY PRIZE 2014
A prize of £500 is offered for the best essay on any aspect of Tennyson’s life and work, received by the Tennyson Publications Board by July 31, 2014. Essays should be no longer than 5000 words. The competition is open to all, but entries from persons under the age of 35 will be especially welcomed. The winning entry will be published in a future edition of the Tennyson Research Bulletin.
RULES OF THE COMPETITION
- 1) The closing date for the submission of entries is 31 July 2014. Entries should be clearly marked ‘Tennyson Essay Competition’. They should be sent to: Rosalind Boyce, c/o The Tennyson Society, The Central Library, Free School Lane, Lincoln LN2 1EZ, England.
- 2) Essays should be no longer than 5000 words and should conform to the Harvard (author/date) system.
- 3) Only one entry per individual is allowed.
- 4) Each entry should be accompanied by an abstract of approximately 200 words.
- 5) Three copies of each entry should be submitted.
- 6) The Publications Board reserves the right to publish in the Tennyson Research Bulletin, within a period of four years from the date of submission, entries other than the winning entry. Entrants will be informed of decisions by 31 December 2014. Typescripts will not be returned to authors.
- 7) The decision of the judges, who will be drawn from the Tennyson Society Publications Board, is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning their decision.